The Tranzonic Companies
Tranzonic is searching for a Staff Accountant to join our growing team. This person will be primarily responsible for general accounting, month end close, financial reporting, cash analysis, reconciliations and other items as assigned.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Works with and for the Accounting Manager and other accounting staff; maintains the general ledger and all related accounts with proper documentation and records of all company transactions. Works with others and /or individually, prepares entries to the general ledgers in compliance with the company’s policies and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Responsible for maintaining accounting information system, including chart of accounts, report layouts for GAAP financial statements, journal entry files, consolidation and reporting files, assisting other accounting staff with questions and printing reports and statements.
- Prepares interim, year-end and comparative financial reports as requested per closing schedules
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations for all assigned accounts. Verifies accuracy of bank statements and resolves issues as needed.
- Ownership of the accounting for company credit card program, including ensuring validity of charges and proper recording of expenses.
- Ensure accuracy of payroll cash by reconciling payments and ensuring accurate postings to the General Ledger. Resolve issues and ensure strong processes and controls.
- Maintain accounts payable cash reconciliation
- Monitor and record incoming cash and ensure accurate reporting of cash.
- Intercompany Accounting
- Process weekly freight bills to ensure accuracy of freight accrual and proper recording of freight expenses.
- Assists in the preparations of schedules and documents for independent auditors and corporate staff.
- Assists in preparation and maintenance of department’s standard operating procedures.
- Accounts payable review functions and certain control functions.
- Working with the Accounting Manager to monitor, review and analyze cost standards and prepare journal entries pertaining to the Cost of Goods Sold.
- Maintains other accounts, performs other accounting duties, and completes other projects as required or as requested by other members of the finance department.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that facilitates collaboration with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Other duties as assigned
- Does not supervise others; reports to the Accounting Manager. Requires limited daily supervision.
Education, Certifications and Licensures:
- B.S / B.A in Accounting or Finance
- 3 years minimum of corporate accounting experience
- Will consider a new accounting graduate depending on grades and professor recommendation,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Advanced excel skills including pivot tables and vlookups
- Experience with ERP software, with MicroSoft Dynamics a plus
This is a full-time, Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, role that is based in Richmond Hts, OH
Occasional remote work may be allowed in the future.
Interested and qualified candidates should email resume to: email@example.com
Please let us know if you are hiring. We will gladly post your job descriptions.
Contact Webmaster: Sandy Brenner @ firstname.lastname@example.org