To encourage and assist students who demonstrate outstanding potential to pursue a career in management accounting.FIELD OF STUDY
Accounting, with a preference to students who have expressed interest in management accounting.LEVEL OF EDUCATION FOR WHICH AWARD IS GRANTED
• Two-year Accounting Programs
• Undergraduate Accounting Programs
• Graduate Accounting Programs NUMBER, AMOUNT AND TYPE OF AWARD
One scholarship in the amount of $750 will be awarded to a deserving accounting, finance or business student.CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
The IMA Cleveland East Chapter Scholarship Advisory Committee will base its decision for awarding the scholarship primarily on the academic merit and outside student activities including accounting program activities. METHOD OF DISBURSEMENT
The winner of the scholarship will be announced at the April 2020 technical meeting. The Committee reserves the right to review final distribution of the scholarship funds. The funds will be disbursed to the winner for the fall term.ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTSTwo Year Eligibility Requirements:
1. Full-time and part-time (must carry at least 6 credits per term) students are encouraged to apply.
2. The applicant must state in their cover letter that he or she is transferring to a four or five year accounting program and planning to major in accounting or equivalent.Undergraduate Eligibility Requirements:
1. The applicant must have a declared major in accounting or equivalent.
2. Full-time and part-time (must carry at least 6 credits per term) students are encouraged to apply.Graduate and Doctoral Eligibility Requirements:
1. The applicant must have a declared major in accounting or have majored in accounting as an undergraduate.
2. Full-time and part-time (must carry at least 6 credits per term) students are encouraged to apply.METHOD OF APPLYING
1. A cover letter
from the applicant addressing career objectives, and why he or she merits the scholarship above others.
2. Complete an essay
to answer the following question: "What is the value of the being a CMA?"
Please be sure to also include a brief discussion as to any IMA student chapter involvement, accounting program activities, and/or outside student interests that you may be involved.
Note: The essay should be typed and include your name and contact information at the top of the page.
of undergraduate (and graduate, if applicable) grades. (An official transcript will be required to receive the scholarship.) Transcript must contain most recent semester grades.
4. A letter of recommendation
from an accounting professor including verification of major field of study and expected date of graduation in known.APPLICATION PERIOD
February 1, 2020 thru March 15, 2020DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATION
March 15, 2020EMAIL YOUR REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO:
firstname.lastname@example.orgANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS
April 21, 2020 Technical MeetingFor questions, contact: